JUNK ART

Sunday, September 11, 2011

LOVE IS IN THE AIR

This summer has really set me back on my welding "Junk metal" Back surgery really does a job on your ability to stand and bend, so recovery has diverted my imagination from welding discarded metal to painting. as I have posted over the summer painting of pembroke welsh corgis on the beach, sailing, building sand castles etc. well once again i let my imagination run wild, and put a spin on one of Norman Rockwells portraits "Little Spooners"
The nights are starting to have that fall feel to the here in New England. cool and some people are using wood stove to take the chill out of the house already. I thought to myself I should try to incorporate a feel of fall into a painting I really love, using corgis in place of the children who have a crush on each other. after i was done withe the painting it had no back ground, so I decided to give it that fall feel. I added the black night sky, an overly intense full moon radiating ever so brightly over the entire landscape an almost unnoticeable lake and a meteor burning into the atmosphere. I feel all these additions really gives the painting that October night feel, and best of all the meteor acting as a confirmation that what these corgis are feeling on that bench is ordained from heave. titling this painting as "Heavens blessing". I currently have it listed on ebay for sale, possibly you might be interested in the painting, or just curious on what is happening in my demented mind. Oh and before I close I experimented with some glow in the dark paint giving the painting a unique look when under a black light, as well as an awesome effect when the lights go out and the corgis heads are silhouetted by the moon as the meteor is glowing.
maybe you ll like, or possibly hate this painting let me know, I always like to know how people feel about any type of art i created good or bad.
I hope everyone took a moment today to reflect on the tragedy  of the September 11 2001 attacks on our great nation, and how others  in this world want to take our freedoms from us by any means.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320758209759?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

In light

glow in the dark



No comments:

Post a Comment